- Yōkai are creatures of Japanese folklore.
- Humans are ordinary people.
- Onmyōji are specialists who protect against evil spirits.
- Sakazuki is a ritual of pledging loyalty.
- Hyakki Yakō is a term for the night parade of 100 demons.
- Hyaku Monogatari is a practice of telling 100 frightening stories at a gathering.
Types of FearEdit
- Osore is term that denotes the unique skills and traits of each yōkai.
- Hatsu is the first stage of activating "Fear", and is simply an attempt to scare an opponent by exerting a frightening aura.
- Hyoui is the second stage of activating "Fear" used in yōkai battles.
Techniques, Weapons, and Related TermsEdit
- Matoi is a technique combining the fear of a leader and subordinate.
- Onmyōjutsu are techniques used by onmyōji.
- Shikigami are summons used by onmyōji.
- Maō's Hammer is a katana used by Inugamigyōbu Tamazuki and Minagoroshi Jizō.
- Nenekirimaru is a sword which only harms yōkai.
- Takimaru is a weapon belonging to Rikuo Nura.